The El Cid Neighborhood Association is a non-profit educational organization serving the residents of the El Cid historic neighborhood and other residents of the City of West Palm Beach. Our purpose is to sponsor and support activities to educate residents, government officials, and other organizations on public issues related to our community. We welcome anyone who is interested in serving on the Board of Directors and ask that you consider giving your community the benefit of your talents and time.
INDIVIDUAL BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend all board meetings and functions, such as special events.
- Be informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies, and programs. Click here to review the organizations By-Laws.
- Review agendas and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Serve on and/or chair committees or task forces and offer to take on special assignments.
- Be a member of the El Cid Neighborhood Association.
- Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the organization’s annual budget and financial statements.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS TO CONSIDER:
- You must possess the ability to: listen, analyze, think clearly and creatively, work well with people, individually and in a group.
- Willing to: prepare for and attend board and committee meetings, ask questions, take responsibility and follow through.
- Possess: honesty, sensitivity to and tolerance of differing views, a friendly, responsive, and patient approach, community-building skills, personal integrity, a developed sense of values, concern for your nonprofit’s development, a sense of humor.